Exercise 30 Minutes a Day
Weight loss is not just a lifestyle change in what you eat. You have to get moving! Any type of workout is usually viewed as a chore but when you make it a priority, it will start becoming something you just WANT to do instead of seeing it as something you just NEED to do in order to wear that bathing suit you bought for your summer vacation. As exercise becomes a habit, you will find it is addicting and you will feel at a loss when you are not able to get your work outs in.
Here’s What You Need To Do:
- Exercising for 25 minutes before breakfast is an effective way to burn through fat stores (fat that your body is storing).
- Exercising 25-45 minutes anytime before bed, without eating, burns fat stores also. After exercising, make sure to drink your water, shower and tuck in for the night! Your metabolism will work at a higher rate as you sleep. Even if you can do this once or twice a week, it will help.
- Adding any exercise, any time of the day, will help no matter what. Choose an exercise you really enjoy. Are you a runner? Walker? Love kick-boxing? Start your weight loss program with what you really enjoy.
- After you find your favorite form of exercise, start trying new things so your body doesn’t get used to the same thing over and over again. Changing up exercise routines helps ward against plateaus.
- Every movement burns calories. If you don’t think you have enough time to work out, then make more movement to your daily chores. For instance, when running your errands, park farther away from the store. (Extra calorie burn for carrying a toddler!) Run up and down your steps 3-5 times before changing your laundry. As you are washing dishes, do calf raises. Fold laundry while sitting on an exercise ball. While waiting at your son’s soccer practice, run or walk laps. Turn up that music while cleaning…get that booty moving! Anything that helps you get more movement in your normal schedule, burns more calories!
- Read Fitness Tips for busy winter days to read about more ideas to keep you moving.
- Take it slow. To lose weight for good, taking it a little slower is a better way to shed those unwanted pounds. A good goal would be to work to lose 1 pound a week. To do this, you need to change what you are currently doing to get rid of 500 extra calories a day (there are 3500 calories in 1 pound). This could be cutting out that second bowl of cereal and adding in an extra 30 minutes of exercise to your normal routine. Be patient with yourself. You will see results if you change your lifestyle.
- Use a Calorie Burn Calculator. Every body-type is different. When looking for exactly how many calories your 3 mile run or 30 minute aerobics video burns for you, click on the following link and add your information. It will calculate your calorie burn. Calorie Burn Calculator.
- There is no better way to get motivated than to workout with friends. Mommy and Me Fitness offers this motivation. To check out our weekly classes click here. If Mommy and Me Fitness is not offered in your area, check out how to start up a group by clicking here.
Your body is made to move. Enjoy your cozy blanket and favorite movie AFTER you workout!